Prep Cook and Cashier/Cook
Posted 5 years ago
We are looking to add a member to our family.
Prep Cook Responsibilities
- Following the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Labeling and stocking all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measuring ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
We are looking for an ambitious Prep Cook to assist in the preparation of delicious dishes for the food truck. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
A great prep cook will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. You will be deft and able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as making the sauces
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
Pay Rate: $10 per hour (plus tips when working on the food truck)